The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
You have the passion. You want to join the best of the best in recreational scuba diving. You want to live the dive lifestyle and explore the underwater world and go places and see things you have never experienced.
More than a pipe dream?
Absolutely! Do it by becoming a PADI Master Scuba Diver – a rating that puts you in a class of distinction – writing your ticket to endless adventure and opportunities through the experience and scuba training that sets you apart.
What Is It?
With the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating, you have reached the highest non-professional level in the PADI System of diver education. It means that you have acquired significant training and experience in a variety of dive environments. Present your MSD card at any PADI dive center and they know you have the skills, training and experience to handle any dive site.
To win the Master Scuba Diver Challenge, you need to meet all of the following requirements:
- Be at least 12 years old
- Be a PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver or Junior Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives
- And, have completed at least 5 PADI Specialty Courses. Which courses are they? Click the chart to the right and see the links at the far right of this page to watch introductory videos and read more information about each course.
Once you’ve done that, you submit an application to PADI along with your proud MSD photo and you’ll receive PADI’s top certification card, a wall certificate and an invitation to become a full PADI member.
So reach your goal! Win the Master Scuba Diver Challenge!