“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The Rescue Diver will expand your knowledge and experience beyond purely recreational level because you’ll learn to look beyond yourself and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your confidence.
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
Note that unless you already have a Emergency First Response certification (or another current first aid and CPR certification), you’ll still need to take the EFR course here in Pattaya. So allocate one more day to your training if that’s your situation.
- Adventure Diver or Junior Adventure Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- 12 years or older
- Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years. Most people take the Emergency First Response CPR and first aid course in conjunction with Rescue Diver.
Get College Credit! You may be able to earn college credit for the Rescue Diver Course.
What You Learn
Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. During the five open water sessions, you’ll cover:
- Self-rescue and diver stress
- Dive first aid
- Emergency management and equipment
- Swimming and non-swimming assists
- Panicked diver response
- Underwater problems
- Missing diver procedures
- Surfacing the unconscious diver
- Inwater artificial respiration
- Egress (exits)
- First aid procedures for pressure related accidents
- Dive accident scenarios
The Books You’ll Need
The Rescue Diver Crew Pack includes all materials required to complete the Rescue Diver course – including a pocket mask. You’ll learn how to think like a rescue diver and preview skills you’ll practice with your Instructor. Once your Rescue Diver course is complete, you can review the DVD to refresh your dive safety skills as needed. This tool box of knowledge and technique will give you the expertise to handle almost any emergency situation.