At Aquanauts, we do all our diving off Pattaya’s largest scuba diving boat. So it’s easy to forget some people have only ever made shore entries. That’s why Aquanauts is a great place to do your PADI Boat Diver specialty course. Even if you’re experienced diver, if you haven’t dive much from a boat, we can teach you the things that can make it more fun.
In this one-day course, we’ll familiarize your with the tips, tricks and techniques of diving from boats, whether they be small inflatables or large vessels.
During the course you will learn:
- Boat diving planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards
- Proper boat diving etiquette, including equipment storage and conduct
- Common boat terminology
- Specific and local boat diving laws and ordinances
- Overview of emergency and safety equipment needed on- private dive boats
You’ll also learn how boats differ from place to place, which will help you at home. You’ll also be able to judge whether it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat, or just come up fully kitted.
You’ll also learn to use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives and locate basic boat safety equipment.
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 10 years old
The Boat Adventure Dive from the Adventures In Diving program may credit toward this Specialty course at the instructor’s discretion. This Specialty course can also be one of the five Specialty certifications necessary for your PADI Master Scuba Diver certification.