Digital has taken the underwater photography world by storm. Get in on the action with the Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course. You can quickly and easily capture the underwater world with your camera and on your computer.
During the Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course, you learn to use the SEA (Shoot, Examine and Adjust) method, which takes full advantage of digital technology. The result is good underwater photos faster than you may imagine. You not only learn how to take good photos, but how to share them with your friends via email or printing, optimizing your work with your computer, storage and more.
The underwater digital photo program is wonderful at gaining skills to improve your dive photo skills and even down to how you store and archive your dive pictures. The outline for the digital divers photo course is in two segments:
- Point-and-shoot cameras and their practicability’s
- White balancing
- Color filters
- Taking photographs without external flash
- Using histograms
- File formats
- Image resolution
- Picture composition
- Organization and archiving
- Must be an Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization) However, you can take the course as a snorkeler and receive a non-diving certification.
- Choosing and using modern digital cameras and underwater housings
The Digital Underwater Photographer certifications credits toward the Master Scuba Diver rating. This is one of the most adaptable specialty courses, and can even be started during the last dive of your Open Water Diver course