Other than taking someone diving, there’s only one way to show someone the sounds, motion and dynamics of the underwater world: video. Show your scuba vacation adventures to your friends and family. Use your editing skills to share your clips with the world through YouTube, MySpace, Facebook and more. Use your underwater videos to turn more of your friends into dive buddies.
Do you want to show the underwater world to your land-based friends? Take the PADI Underwater Videographer Specialty course and you’ll learn the skills necessary to shoot your own underwater footage.
PADI Underwater Videographer Specialty course shows you how to create videos that are interesting, entertaining and worth watching again and again.
- Selecting, maintaining and caring for your underwater video equipment
- Videography fundamentals, such as:
- shot types
- story line
- shot sequencing
- The post-dive editing process where you take your raw footage and create an underwater masterpiece.
By the time you complete the course, you’ll have gone through the entire basic video production process.
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 12 years old
The Complete Picture
Video is only part of how you can share your undersea adventures. Try the Digital Underwater Photographer or film-based photography courses at Aquanauts! See the links in the sidebar at right for more info.