For scuba divers, Pattaya is renowned at Thailand’s wreck-diving capital. With three wrecks in 26-31 meters of water, its the only place in the country where recreational PADI divers can experience the thrill of wreck diving.
As such, Aquanauts are experts at teaching the art of wreck diving through the PADI Wreck Diver specialty course. You’ll learn how to measure and safely penetrate a wreck, gaining a certification that is a requirement to go on dive boats in places like Australia.
The lure of exploring sunken vessels, airplanes and automobiles is something most divers can’t resist.
What You Learn
- Techniques for diving exploring shipwrecks, and how to avoid common hazards
- How to research and learn the background of your favorite wrecks
- Wreck scuba diving equipment considerations
- Considerations and techniques for entering intact wrecks
- Experience in planning, organizing and making at least four wreck dives under the supervision of your PADI Instructor
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
Wreck penetration-training dives are limited to within the light zone and within 40 m. (130 ft.) from the surface, vertical and horizontal distance included. Aquanauts also recommends the Deep Diver and even the Enriched Air Nitrox course to get maximum bottom time and enjoyment our of your Wreck Diver course.
- PADI Adventure Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 15 years old